For the longest time, the one pair of shoes I vowed to never get are mules. They are a 90’s trend I could never get on board with. Bloggers, Vloggers, instagram influencers, etc. have made mules the shoes of the summer and to me, it never made sense. My arguments on this case were, “What’s the point of half a shoe,” and “it’s glorifying flip flops.” On this day, (actually a few days ago) I caved and got a pair of mules; loafer mules to be exact.
Why? Well, I found this pair that was under $25, they come in black, and they look a WHOLE lot like this high end pair. There are also three influencers that have made me convert to the mule trend: Blank Itinerary, Miss Louie, and the College Prepster. They make these silhouettes look modern and chic, so I had to give it a try.
Here is a quick pros and cons list if you’re still on the fence about this style:
- They give you an “effortless” put together vibe that I didn’t was possible to achieve with half a loafer
- no straps or buckles to mess with, just slip on and you’re out the door!
- variety of price ranges, yes broke college student, you too can give off fashion blogger vibes at a fraction of the price
- I can’t wear them if a lot of walking is involved. Maybe I need a different size, but they are kind of difficult to walk in
- Like most open shoes, they aren’t ideal for rainy days