I’m always a sucker for any new lip product Maybelline comes up with next, because they have some of the best drugstore lipsticks around. I had high hopes for the Color Jolt intense lip paints and I wasn’t completely disappointed. I like that they are creamy, smooth, really pigmented, and comfortable to wear for a reasonable amount of time. The range of the color jolts is a little weird though. There are two “nudes”,and I put nude in quotes because only stripped down is an actual nude. The other, never bare, is more of a baby pink. Still a neutral for fair to medium skin tones, but not a nude for any skin tone. Then there are 2 reds, a bright fuchsia, an orange (FUN), and a super bright and fun purple.
- comfortable alternative to a liquid lipstick
- felt tip applicator
- smells like candy
- The nude complements a range of skin tones
- Squeeze tubes, gotta love the squeeze tubes, especially for the clear gloss
- They do move around
- don’t survive food and drink, maybelline doesn’t claim that they are long lasting, but it’s still a con
- Not many everyday colors
- 0.21 fl oz is little product for $7
- the applicator soaks up a lot of the product and can get gunky after a while
So these are good lipsticks, but to me they aren’t anything revolutionary. If the need should arise, I would skip these and go straight to the regular color sensational lipsticks. They are more practical and offer way more colors. They do remind me a lot of the Too Faced melted lipsticks. I have 3 shades, stripped down, berry naughty, and the shine shot clear gloss. The star of the show was the Shine Shot clear gloss for many reasons.
- Double the amount of product
- isn’t sticky
- the squeeze tube makes it possible to use on top of any color and not ruin the rest of the gloss
I wouldn’t say this is a ” don’t waste your money” product. They are beautiful and have a lot to offer. What I will say is that nothing has yet to beat the color sensational lipsticks.
Have you tried these? What do you think of them?